what made it underwhelming was all the litter in the water and the surrounding banks.
![]() |
| Cataract Falls, Leiber SP |
Later on that afternoon, Joyce and I took a side trip along the way west for a geocache located near Terre Haute, Indiana. We made our way along some back roads near a little park called Fowler Park and eventually found this little grass-covered lane on the edge of the road to park near a metal gate. It was a nondescript rural area with an easy half-mile hike into the woods. Most of the hike was flat but the last bit we were climbing around a steep ravine to locate the geocache. It was nice to get out of the car and stretch our legs for a little exercise and this particular geocache was cool for the fact that it was a one of the older ones in the country. Worked up a sweat in the humidity and marked off a geocache for the state of Indiana. Joyce's goal is at least one geocache per state in our journey. We drove through the rest of Indiana and all of Illinois with our final destination that evening of St. Louis, Missouri and visiting my dear friend Cathy.
-Kelly

Hey, how about a culinary update? Hope you are not surviving on energy bars. You may want to search out the St Louis specialty - the fried brain sandwich???? ? MLF
ReplyDeleteEwww. Seriously? Fried Brain sandwich? I might be daring enough to try it.
ReplyDeleteWe were told that St. Louis was the city all about beer but Joyce and I were in the mood for wine. We haven't been doing a lot of fancy cuisine but Cathy did make a great meal on Friday evening of grilled sausages with peppers and onions with an amazing side dish salad of broccoli slaw, edamame, mushrooms, red onion and pepitas in sesame ginger dressing. Joyce and I want to make it for a good snack when we get into camping mode. It's all sorts of good things for you and we loved the combination of tastes and textures.
ReplyDeleteOh but MLF, I have a new tequila that will go great in making oyster shooters! Bear Hug Chili-infused Tequila!
I can't even think about fried brain sandwich without cringing at the scene of Hannibal Lector frying up a piece of Ray Liotta's brain while Ray sits at the dining table in a doped-up stupor. I just stopped watching after that. Even I'm not daring enough for that kind of sandwich. Hang in there....some culinary experiences will be coming once we get to Denver and our visit with Elizabeth and her husband. -Kelly